Manufacture a more resilient future
Process ManufacturingManufacture a more resilient future by driving innovation, optimizing operations, and deepening customer relationships.
Process manufacturing is associated with formulas and manufacturing recipes, in contrast with discrete manufacturing, which uses discrete units, and bills of materials. Process manufacturing is used in manufacturing environments where production is completed in batch or semi-continuous processes.
Dynamics 365 Process manufacturing in Supply Chain Management provides integrated functionality for planning, managing, and distributing in process manufacturing.
The following are the characteristic challenge of process manufacturing :
- Formula or recipe management
- Blends products together in a batch
- Builds something that cannot be taken apart
- Has analogous products, where you can’t tell one product from another
- Includes products that cannot be reversed
- Contains minimal interruptions
- Involves variable ingredients
- Has potentially one or more product outputs
- Output Co-product and by-products, planning and management, allocating costs for unplanned co-products and by-products
- Makes products in bulk quantities, such as paints, pharmaceuticals, beverages, and food products
- Measures raw material ingredients in formulas by weight or volume instead of pieces
- Accounts for waste/loss as yield, which is the ratio between output and input
- Has one or more standard sizes (batch sizes) that are scaled for a quantity greater than one
- Supports a wide range of processes, including make to order (MTO), make to stock (MTS), in mixed mode, and hybrid environments
Typical Process Industries
- Food & Beverages
- Metal Casting
- Mill Products